Creating the ultimate Easter for kids – and for you
Easter can be one of the most entertaining and meaningful holidays of the year, especially when it comes to celebrating with children.
There are literally hundreds of ideas that you can incorporate into your celebrations to make Easter for kids a very special and memorable occasion. Easter is perhaps second only to Christmas when it comes to noteworthy holidays. As a parent, you can add that special touch to the occasion that will keep your kids enthralled during the Easter season with these Easter ideas for kids and the addition of Easter gifts for kids.
Easter dessert sweets
Part of celebrating Easter is sharing good food with family and friends. The children in your family can get in on the fun by helping to prepare special treats and snacks for the occasion. You’ll have eager participants when you ask for help baking one of their favorite Easter desserts.
Easter dessert recipes specially tailored for the season, such as pear-shaped rabbits, empty grave cake, and resurrection cookies add Easter themes to your baking experience.
Easter crafts brighten up the season
Easter-themed art projects bring a smile to the faces of young and old. Your children can bring joy to your family and your guests by crafting:
• Easter cards, posters, baskets and tapestries with meaningful quotes or verses.
• A simple egg carton can carry decorative handmade flowers.
• Blown eggs can be decorated in the shape of bees, butterflies, pigeons or blue birds and can be placed in baskets or hung as ornaments.
• A beautiful collage of butterflies on a prominent wall can symbolize new life and regeneration for the Easter season.
Special art projects that portray the spirit of Easter make for kids memorable Easter ideas, gifts, and decorations that will be appreciated by others.
Meaningful traditions for a heartwarming Easter setting
Meaningful traditions that are experienced in childhood become meaningful traditions for your children when they are older. They also help them better understand the true meaning of the Easter season and why they celebrate it.
• To symbolize Jesus’ prayer time in the garden, make a miniature garden basket
• Celebrate Passover with your family, in the same way as Jesus’ Last Supper with his disciples.
• A wonderful tradition that your children can pass on from generation to generation is reading Easter books and stories together as a family.
• In the week before Easter Sunday, listen to the Easter songs or give them an Easter gift in your basket.
Easter for kids is an exciting day filled with everything you need to create lifelong memories that they will remember and share with others for years to come.